Human Papillomavirus (HPV): Facts and Vaccines

Human papillomavirus (HPV) causes cervical cancer which is the second most common cancer in women worldwide.

Human Papillomavirus Facts and Vaccines
Facts:
  • HPV vaccines are close to 100% effective in preventing HPV infection and precancerous conditions that may lead to cervical cancer, if the vaccine is given before a person is exposed to the HPV types contained in the vaccine.
  • HPV vaccines appear to be safe and generally are well tolerated.
  • Two HPV vaccines have been developed. Both prevent infection with type 16 and -18, and may prevent up to 70% of cervical cancers. One of the vaccines also prevents infection with HPV-6 and -11, and may prevent about 95% of genital warts.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) causes cervical cancer which is the second most common cancer in women worldwide by age-standardized incidence rate (ASR). In 2008, there were an estimated 529,000 new cases and 274,00 deaths due to cervical cancer. More than 85 % of cervical cancer deaths are in developing countries, where it accounts for 13% of all female cancers.

Human papillomaviruses are common throughout the world. Although most infections with HPV cause no symptoms, persistent genital HPV infection can cause cervical cancer in women. Virtually all cervical cancer cases (99%) are linked to genital infection with HPV which is the most common viral infection of the reproductive tract. HPV can also cause other types of anogenital cancer, head and neck cancers, and genital warts in both men and women. HPV infections are transmitted through sexual contact.

Two HPV vaccines are now being marketed in many countries throughout the world. Both vaccines are highly efficacious in preventing infection with virus types 16 and 18, which are together responsible for approximately 70% of cervical cancer cases globally. They are also highly efficacious in preventing precancerous cervical lesions caused by these types. One vaccine is also highly efficacious in preventing anogenital warts, a common genital disease which is virtually always caused by infection with HPV types 6 and 11. The primary target group in most of the countries recommending HPV vaccination is young adolescent girls. Data from clinical trials and initial post-marketing surveillance conducted in several continents show both vaccines to be safe.

2 comments :

  1. HOW I GOT CURED FROM papillomvirus I was diagnosed of papillomvirus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including papillomvirus virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a papillomvirus herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying theUPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the. way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called papillomvirus, all thanks to Dr oboh.Email obohesan@gmail.com this great herbal doctor via WhatsApp+2348089281017 HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE{1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA..
    or via whatsapp +2348089281017

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of Herpes, HPV HIV/AIDS & STDs, Diabetics , Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Arthritis, Chronic pains. etc. by herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past years but Dr Chike cured me with his natural herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know it is hard to believe but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App . +233502715551. text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 , or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete